OpsMgr 2012 SP1: Workaround – Fresh Install results in blank OperationsManagerDW Data and Log File Names (mdf and ldf)
I’m noticing this in every OpsMgr 2012 SP1 environment where there is a fresh new build and thought I’d give you all a heads up with a quick workaround.
This may be related to why you cannot deploy the DW to a non-default SQL Data and Log file location noted here:
In SQL Management Studio the File Name under DB\Properties\Files only shows mdf and ldf, no File Name.
I also used Windows Explorer and found the same thing. A blank file name…
- Backup all DB’s
- Stop OpsMgr Services to the DB instance
- Note the path of the OperationsManagerDW
- From SQL Server Management Studio, Detach the OperationsManagerDW
- Browse to the mdf and ldf via Windows Explorer
- Rename the files with the correct file names (OperationsManagerDW.mdf, OperationsManagerDW.ldf)
- From SQL Server Management Studio, Re-Attach the OperationsManagerDW
- Restart OpsMgr Services to the DB instance